Friday, November 18, 2005

Good Things Come To Those Who Date

From my new Advice Column, the first of many more to come:

Anal AJ,

HELP! I just got out of a long and serious relationship and I really hate being single again. I'm not used to going out alone now and meeting new people is so hard, especially because most of my girlfriends are all dating or engaged and don't go out anymore and if they do, it's never without their boyfriends.

I'm not into casual sex but I'm also not ready to get back into a relationship again. What should I do? P.S. Do you know any cute, single guys looking for something in the middle?

Thanks!!!


-- Single In The City --


Dearest City Single,

If I was swimming in a plentiful pool of cute, single guys looking for something in the middle, do you think I'd be on here every other night blogging for the masses?

All right, I would be. But only because I love you so dearly. And I know you love me too. They ALL love me. Men love me. Women love me...Mahogany.

And now back to your issue:

Dating is like hunting for an apartment in the city. We're all holding out for the best places, the ones that meet most, if not all, of our perfectly particular qualifications, and as we begin to find problems with each new applicant, we wonder how all of our friends, our neighbors, coworkers and even taxi drivers found theirs. And more importantly, will their 12-month lease be renewed through yet another long winter season?

I can't imagine how difficult is must be to find yourself back in the game, especially after a few years of being benched and off the market. But perhaps the single most important thing you can do for yourself (and coincidentally for your future mate -- or mateS as the case may be -- is to date. Date. And date some more. It's your time now to figure out what YOU want, what makes you happy, what kind of man or woman gives your life that special spark, and perhaps more importantly, what kind will dampen and dull it to death.

And as you begin to clean out your closet, tossing out the stinky gym socks and greasy hairgels your ex left behind, perhaps it's time to consider dumping your old circle of friends as well? If they're too busy with their future husbands to notice your sweet, single ass needs some good old fashioned girl time, maybe you should begin hanging out with some fabulously flirty singles paddling up the same Louvre of Love.

Bottom line, get off the computer -- WAIT...Finish reading this first -- then get off the computer, get into your favorite pair of jeans and get back out into the dating scene. Meet a boy, or pair of boys, BROTHERS EVEN, get their phone numbers, and call, you know, if you feel like it. Enjoy being single, and date as often as you can. Allow yourself the chance to make out with a tall guy, a short guy, a girly guy, a gay guy. Let him buy you dinner. Let him take you dancing. And if you want more, don't ask, just take it. As long as you're safe and responsible, which should go without saying these days, the world is your fully-stocked city bodega and you just stumbled home drunk off your ass craving a falafel and cheese.

Remember, unlike finding your next apartment, there's no dotted line you have to sign now to have a little fun! You'll find another boyfriend; that's a guarantee. In the mean time, why not find yourself?

So come on now, don't just sit around and wait, DATE!!!

For More Analytical AJ, Check Out His New Advice Site.

Got A Problem? Ask Anal AJ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home