Sunday, March 09, 2008

The wind ceased when you did,
a chill still creeps in,
hallow like I am now,
through the corners of every room which remind me of you.
The first kiss over here, the first Christmas over there.


The first time your fist clung to my arm when Jaws first attacked,
on this couch, where I’ve been lying ever since.

The truth is over the past few weeks I’ve never felt more alone in our bed,
with you at my side,
than I have all by myself,
lost among the perfectly plucked pillows which now surround me with as much comfort as you did.

I stopped crying long enough to change the song, to pass over another Celine,
how serene,
the sound of my heart pounding in the cavity which you carved out.
I’d shout your name if I had any breath left.

But you took it all with you with that final good night,
your right of passage from here to there,
I swear, you couldn’t even look me in the eye when you weaved the wonders of why you had to go,
that lie,
that line you offered up as reason enough,
I’d call your bluff if I didn’t already believe.
But I’m relieved, now, ‘coz you said it first.

I hope you’re happy. I hope you’re happy now.

Which wicked witch are you by the way? Or is it Dorian Gray?
Now that we’re through, because of you, because I knew, before you did, before you would face me with the truth,
the proof that I was in this alone, perhaps always have been.

Yes, I hope you find happiness, in the absence I couldn’t offer, in the arms of another, or alone.

I hope it finds you, as I did.

Idle now, the track changes on its own and I feel the first sign of a new wind brewing,
blowing my mind,
rewind.

And halt now.

Good bye, my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home